Olympisch Stadion Panorama, Belgium

The Olympisch Stadion (Dutch pronunciation: [oːˈlɪmpis ˌstaːdijɔn]) or Kielstadion [ˈkilstaːdijɔn]) was built as the main stadium for the 1920 Summer Olympics in Antwerp. For those games, it hosted the athletics, equestrian, field hockey, football, gymnastics, modern pentathlon, rugby union, tug of war, weightlifting and korfball (demonstration) events. Following the Olympics it was converted to a football stadium. Its current tenant is FCO Beerschot Wilrijk, a Belgian football club. There are no remnants of the Olympic athletics track.

It is possible that Archibald Leitch was involved in the design of the stadium having made several visits prior to the Games.


Panoramas of the 200 most prominent Belgium Points of Interest