Charles Square Panorama, Czech Republic

Charles Square (Czech: Karlovo náměstí) is a city square in the New Town of Prague, Czech Republic. At roughly 70,000 m² it is one of the largest squares in the world and was the largest town square of the medieval Europe. Founded in 1348 as the main square of the New Town by Charles IV, it was known as Dobytčí trh (Cattle Market) from the 15th century and finally named after its founder in 1848. The central portion of the square was turned into a park in the 1860s.

The square is now one of the main transport hubs of the city centre with Karlovo náměstí metro station and numerous tram lines and busy roads crossing it in all directions.

 Read more...

Panoramas of the 200 most prominent Czech Republic Points of Interest