Government House, Isle of Man Panorama, Isle of Man

Government House is the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of the Isle of Man. It is situated on Governor's Road in Onchan, Isle of Man.

Government House is also used to provide accommodation for official guests to the Isle of Man, and is used extensively for official functions, such as receptions and dinners. It was originally built as "Bemahague Farm" between 1820 and 1830. It was extended to its present size in 1904, when the Government of the Isle of Man bought the house. It has eight main bedrooms and two large sitting rooms, service rooms and a wing of offices. The grounds of Government House cover about 12 hectares (around 30 acres).

 Read more...